Tuesday, September 28, 2010

[Insert title here]

I was thinking about the course that laughter follows in trying to understand why and when things happen to whom in this piece to clarify that... Here's what I got:

1. social (antecedent)
2. next stage is a tie, between the mind and the body (depends on your theory of emotion)
3. social (communication, contagion)


...So here emotion begins and ends socially, bridging people on both ends. And in-between, it bridges the bio-psycho-social elements of the individual all at once. Emotion ties us together as an individual and with others in a natural, bidirectional process of experience and communication.

That's where my title idea of "Bridges" comes from. I was thinking, maybe "Affect: Bridge I" and "Affect: Bridge II" etc. to distinguish the sections. Or maybe something stemming from the idea of "contagion." Oh, this struggle with titles- it seems unimportant until I have paperwork and need to identify the work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm glad to have constructive feedback to benefit my project.