Wednesday, September 15, 2010

IADS Wind Remix

I got a disk with the IAPS and IADS on them today, and I've been having fun beginning to play with editing the sounds! This is just the beginning. I can't quite get the file to post, so that's a technical difficulty I'll need to work out. This may serve as a soundtrack to the pieces, or it could just be inspiration.

Either way, it adds more layers. I'll do a separate post on our first open showing this past Monday and some of my thoughts on the feedback. But after seeing the beginning work performed and the strange power it had, I'm interested in bringing more layers into the piece. As Neta said, let's "see how we can mess it up more." I'd like to look into drawing on more areas of the brain and human experience to add depth to the piece. Rather than being a pared-down version of the stimuli (which everybody would quickly get bored with) let's see how many relevant elements can contribute to what I imagine can be an oddly touching emotional experience pushing itself on the viewers from as many angles as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm glad to have constructive feedback to benefit my project.