Friday, November 19, 2010

My processes

Trying to get back on board here, I did a little brainstorm. After writing a paper for my composition class, I realized that what I love about dance and what I connect with is the processes within and between people. So I looked at my own processes and this is what I got.

What are the processes of an emotion? For me…


Anger- when I am angry, I clam up, get flustered, feel anxious inside and it comes out in a jumble, I try to turn to someone who will understand while avoiding the person or situation that I’m angry at, I want to change it, know I need to change myself too, but feel that there is some force blocking me and us from making the right things happen


Sadness- when I am sad, I feel down, useless, very very alone and unwanted, I hide myself and wallow while part of me tries to talk myself out of it, I wonder how it happened, when it will end, I regret, I crunch up and cry, I want to burrow and disappear and not burden anyone


Happiness- when I am happy, I feel expansive and joyful, ready to go out and take on the world and show them who I am and what I can do, I want everyone to feel alive with me, I want to move around in big ways and be everywhere at once, I feel like it will last forever but even if it won’t I feel great that it’s happening even for the moment, I see the good in everything even difficult things and I hope others can see the good too


Fearful- when I am afraid, I hide, I stay very still or sneak away very quickly and softly, or I may become extremely anxious and my thoughts become circular and I have to talk myself out of it and force myself to breathe and think clearly, I do useless things and feel ineffective at what needs to be done to help myself, I feel helpless and lost


Disgusted- when I am disgusted, I avoid confronting what it is, I try to say away from it and put space between it and me, I try not to let my reaction offend but I also try to protect my own needs and comfort


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm glad to have constructive feedback to benefit my project.