Thursday, April 14, 2011

It's an Opening Day miracle!

Today I was going from class to class, ready to camp out in the dance building through West African til company warmup for the show- when into my inbox drifted the lovliest email! Someone supported my piece on kickstarter- a big thanks to my special donor for his generosity, which put me above my goal amount, and provided disposable cameras just in time for tonight's opening show! I zoomed over to WalMart and got 6 cameras for each show, and they were all used in tonight's performance! I feel like a real person within the community of artists, having such a supportive benefactor :) I'll be sending my new friend a DVD of the show and some other goodies as thanks. I had all but given up on kickstarter pulling though, so it was amazing good news.

That good omen carried through to a great performance tonight! The preshow ViewFinder performance was good- people at first hesitated to use the cameras onstage but with prompting from those who knew, they left their seats and joined. A small hitch of them retreating in the gap in the music can be fixed for tomorrow's show. The dancers were all over it- they've been great all along, and I'm glad to see this coming to production for them.

We also had a nice lobby art show display with a variety of Lydia's photos printed on transparencies, vellum, and photo paper. When I checked in on my table, they were mixed up- people had been using them and rearranging them like I'd hoped! All in all, a great opening night- my solo was the best performance yet, too, I think! Looking forward to night #2 tomorrow :)

Here's the teaser video for Program A! A tiny part of my solo is at 0:30, followed by some of ViewFinder :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm glad to have constructive feedback to benefit my project.