Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Yikkeesss

Sorry, but this is a personal release blog, not a strictly project-focused one. Finished some homework. More homework to go. Crummy headache left over from food poisoning (feels like day 4 of a hangover that I didn't earn...) I'm feeling crunch time for the semester as a whole, my undergraduate life is coming to an end, and this project is closing in on me. I also don't know if grad schools want me yet. Prayers appreciated- I really want to go to grad school to be a counselor.

The show is in 9 days. I have 2 rehearsals, an unshowing, one more rehearsal, then the symposium show on a tiny stage with poor lighting and doubtable tech abilities. I'm not feelin it. I'm feeling parts of it, but not the whole "in it's final form" performance thing. I'm not ready for "final."

And the paper is due in 44 days; I haven't started writing, but this blog serves as a reservoir for material I'll use. It's not going to be exactly what I proposed, I need to confess. It will be about my personal process of realizing that I couldn't do what I set out to do. The process has been very interesting to me, and I'm just hoping I can convince others how valuable its realizations are. Looking at an example from last year's research journal, my topic is personal, but I'm maybe it relies too much on internal processes rather than external inspiration. Well- that's what I've got. I did do lots of research on emotions last summer, but that was soon outdated as I refined and realized what I would really choreograph. Now, the inspiration is largely internal, and comes from my connecting to my own emotions and my growth as a dancer and (hopefully) future counselor.

I'm sure I'll start to think of things once I start writing... I just need to get all this immediate stuff done for regular classes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm glad to have constructive feedback to benefit my project.