Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Nerves and vision

Another rehearsal today. Movement-wise I want to work on specificity with my dancers; other than that, I think we'll talk about the role of a few other changes and their opinions on that. Neta helped me come up with some cool ideas that I need to visualize to better integrate. There are so many possibilities and so little time to try them out, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed, but excited too. (Part of that probably has to do with the terrible suspense of a late response from my top grad school... yikes.)

Other ideas I'm chewing on include looking up wholesale disposable cameras to give to audience members during the performance, and I'm going to see about inviting them into a role onstage during the dance. Just what that role is and how to instruct and encourage them in it is what I need to envision. I think I'll develop contact sheets of the photos they'll take.

I'm also rethinking the costumes. Considering stitching photos of the piece or from IAPS onto Chels' dress, and dressing the two observers in clothes like my own (put-together contemporary conservative, aka pretty-nerdy).

I'm also asking Lydia about live-feeding her photos to a computer screen. That's where I need to consider technical concerns. Today is the production meeting, which is where they tell us "no" to technical requests and we push for compromises to do the ridiculous things we want to do :)

Maybe they'll also tell us what pieces are actually approved since adjudication on Monday...

1 comment:

  1. 5-8 cameras per show, set out onstage and audience directed to them

    notes from Lydia: developing tank holds 2 reels at once BW only/or “develop only” at CVS etc. (C4 process)
    then, quick to make contact sheet, Lydia can do all from any devel’d film
    blackroom open Fri and Sat

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad to have constructive feedback to benefit my project.