Monday, January 10, 2011

Note to self:

I always get ideas on the verge of consciousness, either as I wake up or lay down to go to sleep. (As a psych major, I believe this is because I'm tapping into the ability to think freely when I'm able to use nonconscious associative processes, the ones that aren't stressed about this, that, and the other detail.) Though of course, I have no writing utensil at those times, so while it's a lovely way to think of things, it's inconvenient.

I want to remember to design a way to ask many many people for the associations they have with various IAPS, IADS, ANEW, an ANET stimuli. Learning more about the web of associations that give these stimuli meaning can be helpful to that aspect of my project. While the dance itself may not at this point be focused on the subject matter of the stimli, I don't have to abandon my initial interest in what contributes to universally-emotional triggers. As I'm now focusing on the layering on of meaning that happens between people including artists and audience, I'm curious about what that might bring up. I'll try to look for studies that may have relevant data.

These days I'm reading more aesthetic theory. That's my favorite kind of used book to pick up on a whim, but they've sat around for a while so it's great to be delving into those and learning about what makes art do what it does. After I finish a book or so, I'll post more on the specifics of how this applies to me and mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm glad to have constructive feedback to benefit my project.